Get a license as a laser school
Gather documents for your application
Gather the following documents, which you'll submit with your application form.
- Anticipated floor plan. We'll need a copy of a floor plan for the school. That way, we can make sure the facility is adequate to accommodate students.
- Equipment. Collect information about the equipment students will use during practical education. You'll need the following information:
- Type of equipment;
- Description of how the equipment will be used;
- Year the equipment was purchased; and
- Date of the last maintenance.
- Curriculum. You'll submit a copy of the school curriculum.
- School manual. We'll need a copy of the school manual of instruction.
- Instructor information. You'll provide a list of your instructors, with their names, qualifications, and teaching experience or education.
- Student contract. Provide a copy of the student contract required by board rule.
- School objectives. You'll provide a statement that describes the school's overall objectives, so you'll want to have this information on hand when you prepare the application.
- Refund policy. If your school has a refund policy - regardless of what it might be - you should have that on hand when you prepare the application.
- List of library resources. Have a list available of the textbooks and audio/visual aids you'll use for student instruction.
- Copies of brochures or advertising materials. Have copies of any brochures, promotional materials, or advertising you'll be using. If the advertising is in non-printed form, such as a website, you can have a list with that information.
Submit the application
Complete the license application and mail it with the following:
- The documents listed in the previous step; and
- A check, cashier check, or money order made out to North Carolina Board of Barber and Electrolysis Examiners. The amount will depend on whether your school will be in-state or out-of-state.
- In-state application: $250.00
- Out-of-state application: $425.00
Please send the application to:
7001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-7000
The board staff will conduct a review after it receives the application. If there are any deficiencies, we'll notify you.
Receive your license
After your application is complete and you meet the qualifications for a license, you'll receive your license. Please make sure your mailing list is up to date!
Don't forget that you'll need to renew the license annually.