How to pay your civil penalties

Please use the button below to pay any civil penalties you may owe. The system will allow you to make partial payments, but you must meet the deadlines listed in any communications from the board. If you can't meet those deadlines, please contact us as soon as possible to avoid collections or intercept of tax refunds.

You may also mail payments to the board office. Please pay by check, cashier check, or money order. Please also include a note with your name and contact information and an explanation that your payment is for civil penalties. 

About civil penalties

When individuals violate barber laws in North Carolina, they may be required to pay civil penalties and fees. The board doesn't keep civil penalties, apart from a partial reimbursement of costs. Instead, the civil penalties are transmitted to the Civil Penalty Forfeiture Fund and distributed to local school districts.